Saturday, January 30, 2010

Shades of Orange(with more to come)

I know that this has nothing to do with my faith, but it is something that I enjoy and I would like to be able to share all different things about myself.

About three weeks ago I had the crazy idea that I wanted to redo my bedroom into something new and fun. It's been BRIGHT lime green for the past six years and, although it was very bright and exciting, I was ready for a change. (I will be putting pictures on here soon of the before and after.)

I wanted to be able to put some original and one-of-a-kind pieces in my new and improved room.  Thankfully, with help from my wonderful mom, I was able to do just that!

First is my new lamp shade:



I took the lamp shades I already had and spray painted them orange.  My mom found clear, beaded garland at Old Time Pottery for about $1.50 per pack. 

After it was spray painted.

About ten minutes into wrapping the beads around the shade, this is what it looked like.

Almost finished!
Finally done!  I love the way this turned out!
This is what it looks like on the lamp!  It goes perfect with my new room! :)  Thanks mom for the idea!



The other project I did was: 



 
I already had the canvases and didn't want to paint over them, so I used a plain white pillow case and covered them.  I put cardboard in between the canvas and the pillow case to makes sure it was smooth and you couldn't see the stripes.  My mom also found the very cute orange and white polka dot ribbon at Hobby Lobby. 
This was fun, I've only covered something in fabric when I was helping my mom, so this was my first time covering anything like this alone.


The end result!  Can you see a theme with the color I'm using? 

2 comments:

  1. Great job, Elizabeth Grace Kinser. I can't wait for you to put the rest on here for everyone to see. You are one talented girl...

    ReplyDelete
  2. and it's my Beth....very good. How pretty your lamp shade is. I will anxiously await the next post...ju

    ReplyDelete