Sunday, January 24, 2010

Sanctity of Life Sunday

Once a year, there is one day set aside to recognize the importance of life.  Sadly, a lot of people either have never heard about this day or just don't take the time to stop and think about all the unborn babies in the world that will never have the chance to live. 

ABORTION IS WRONG, NO MATTER WHAT; it's as simple as that.  The baby inside the mother's womb IS real.  From the day of conception, the Lord starts working on the characteristics of the child.  I know for a fact this is true, not only because the Bible says so, but also because I've seen what a baby looks like at 16 weeks old.

In 2001 my mom was pregnant with my little brother, Little Donnie.  My mom was going to have an ultrasound to find out the sex of the baby when the doctor realized that the baby, my brother, had no heartbeat.  As devastating as this was, it truly changed all of my family.  My mom got involved with the Coffee County Right to Life organization and through that I was able to learn a lot about the importance of being ANTI-Abortion/PRO-Life.  It was a real "Eye Opener".  It's crazy to think all the lives that are lost because of abortion!  Over 4,000 innocent babies are murdered each day because of abortions.

On February 10, 2001, my mom gave birth to Little Donnie.  He was so small that he could fit in the palm of my daddy's hand.  We could see his little fingers and toes, the slots where his eyes and mouth were, and his little ears.  It was such an amazing sight! God's creation was right in front of me at only 16 weeks old!

Yes, it was hard, but it was something that I know happened for a reason.  God's will is always the best even though we might not always know it right away.

One year exactly from the day my mom gave birth to Little Donnie, my parents gave me and my older brother the great news that my mom was pregnant with my little sister, Faith!  I don't think they could've picked a better name for her, because it was only through Faith in Christ Jesus that we were able to see the good out of a situation that was intended to make us hurt.  Thank You Jesus!

4 comments:

  1. I love that you are blogging! Thanks for sharing your thoughts :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Miss Chelle! So far I am really enjoying it! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Beth! This is Shannon O. from co-op. I love that you are blogging! Both of these posts, especially the first, are so encouraging of the fact that the Lord wants to use all of us for His will; it really is a matter of listening to Him, and being willing. :)
    I love finding blogs by people I actually know! I have found very few so far, so it is always special to find one! :)
    Keep on writing for Him!
    Love,
    Shannon

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a wonderful post Beth. You have wisdom beyond your years. Thank you for sharing this very personal story.
    Blessings,
    Marcia

    ReplyDelete